Chicken Healthy Girl Crispy Chicken is one of our favorite dishes at home. Delicious with salads, roasted veggies and sweet potato chips.
- 400g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup oat flour *you can substitute this for a 1/2 cup of almond flour (or other alternative flour) if you prefer
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 heaped Tbsp sesame seeds * optional
- 2 heaped Tbsp grated parmesan *optional
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning: Salt, pepper, chicken spice or mixed herbs – play around and see what you like!
- Lightly whisk the egg in a mixing bowl with some seasoning.
- In a separate mixing bowl – add the oat flour, almond flour, lemon zest, sesame seeds, parmesan and seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Dunk each chicken strip into the egg mixture and then into the crumb mixture. (Once each strip is evenly coated I like to place them onto a plate / chopping board).
- Preheat a generous glug of olive oil on a frying pan at a medium to heat.
- Add the crumbed chicken strips onto the pan. Cook on one side for about 5 – 7 minutes (until golden and crispy), then flip the strips to cook on the other side for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Finish off with a squeeze of lemon and some fresh herbs
Serving/s: 3 – 4
YOU COULD WIN!
Healthy Girl is giving away an amazing hamper that will include a set of three HG therabands, 30-minute consultation with Healthy Girl and HG Foods to the value of R1500!
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Look out for the Healthy Girl post on our Instagram page (Post will be posted anytime around the 21 May – 25 May)
2. Like and comment on the W&H X Healthy Girl Foods post: Tell us what you’re favourite Healthy Girl snack!
3. Follow Healthy Girl Foods & Healthy Girl on Instagram: Healthy Girl foods & Healthy Girl
4. Use the hashtag: #healthygirl & #healthygirlfoods
Disclaimer: Competition runs until 30 June 2021 | Ts&Cs apply | Location: SA
[Writer & Recipe Creator: Healthy Girl]