This latte is vibrant in colour and warm in flavour, turmeric has been used medicinally for centuries. The chemical curcumin is responsible for the spice’s anti-inflammatory properties. For best results, use the fresh grated root.
* 1 cup milk
* 1 tbsp grated turmeric (or 1 tsp ground)
* 1 tbsp grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground)
* 1 cinnamon stick tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 star anise (optional)
* Sugar, to taste
* 2 tsp coconut oil
1. Place milk in a pot. Heat gently without boiling.
2. Add turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, star anise (if using) and sugar. Allow to steep for at least 5 minutes.
3. Add the coconut oil. Remove from the heat and strain. Whisk to fully combine the ingredients and make the mixture frothy.
ALSO SEE RASPBERRY MACAROONS RECIPE
[Image by Content Pixie via Unsplash]