Looking for a quick and easy croissants recipe? We’ve got the one!
*2 cups self-raising flour
*1 cups plain yoghurt
1. Mix flour and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
2. Add the yoghurt and mix until combined. Sprinkle with more flour if the dough is too sticky.
3. Knead for 2–4 minutes, until the dough is springy.
*1 batch basic dough
*200 g butter, at room temperature
*1 egg, whisked
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a baking tray.
2. Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a 5 mm-thick rectangle. Spread with butter, then roll into a log. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out the log into a 1 cm-thick rectangle. Roll back into a log. Chill for 30 minutes.
4. Cut the log into 6 cm slices. Arrange them on the baking tray and brush with egg.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, until croissants are golden.
ALSO SEE BAGELS RECIPE
[Image by Monika Grabowska via Unsplash]