This delicious pumpkin fritters recipe is taken from Pink Gin and Fairy Cakes by Jan Kohler. Whether you choose to serve them as a breakfast treat, dessert, or with dinner, everyone will ask for seconds!
ALSO SEE: Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50ml milk
- Cinnamon sugar
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Lightly beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients by hand. The consistency of the batter will be stiffer than that of a sweetcorn fritters recipe.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy-based pot for deep frying. The oil in your pot should be at least 4cm deep. Only once the oil is hot – if you have a thermometer, your temperature should be between 190°C and 225°C – spoon fritter-sized portions into the pot, keeping them separated to prevent them sticking together. Flip them over so both sides turn golden brown.
- Set them on some paper towel to absorb excess oil and serve as soon as possible, sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon sugar.