If you are looking for a twist on your favourite morning winter-warmer bowl of oats then we DEFINITELY recommend that you give this recipe a try… You won’t be disappointed!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (OR milk of your choice)
- 1 serving of vanilla protein powder (*optional but recommended)
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1 generous Tbsp tahini (hulled)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (you can substitute this with your preferred sweetener)
- A dash of water
- A sprinkle of salt (Himalayan or Celtic salt is preferable)TOPPINGS
- A handful of chopped pistachios
- Anything else that you would enjoy!
1. Place the oats, chia seeds, water and coconut milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
HG TIP: While I wait for the oats to come to a boil I like to whisk them frequently. Once boiling, bring the stovetop temperature down to a medium/low heat.
2. Cover the oats and then allow to cook until soft or done to your liking (about 10 minutes).
HG TIP: I prefer to not cover the oats and instead continue to frequently whisk the oats while they are simmering for about 5 – 10 minutes. This makes the porridge come out extra soft and fluffy which I prefer. Play around and see which method works for you!
3. Remove the oats from the stovetop and then mix the vanilla protein powder in.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the salted caramel sauce ingredients together until smooth.
5. Pour your oats into a bowl, sprinkle some cinnamon over, add your salted caramel sauce and lastly finish off with your toppings (pistachios).
YOU COULD WIN!
Healthy Girl is giving away an amazing hamper that will include a set of three HG therabands, 30-minute consultation with Healthy Girl and HG Foods to the value of R1500!
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Look out for the Healthy Girl post on our Instagram page (Post will be posted anytime around the 21 May – 25 May)
2. Like and comment on the W&H X Healthy Girl Foods post: Tell us what you’re favourite Healthy Girl snack!
3. Follow Healthy Girl Foods & Healthy Girl on Instagram: Healthy Girl foods (click!) & Healthy Girl (click!)
4. Use the hashtag: #healthygirl & #healthygirlfoods
Disclaimer: Competition runs until 30 June 2021 | Ts&Cs apply | Location: SA
ALSO SEE BANANA LOAF RECIPE
[Writer & Recipe Creator: Healthy Girl]