We’ve teamed up with Healthy Girl with a Sweet Tooth to bring you this delicious Lentil & Mushroom “Meat” Balls With Spaghetti Recipe!
Not only does this plant-based version of Lentil & Mushroom “Meat” Balls With Spaghetti taste every bit as good as it’s meat counterpart but it is also really easy to make and super healthy. Enjoy with pasta or gluten-free pasta of your choice, as burger patties, in a wrap, thrown in a salad or by themselves as a snack.
*1 tin of Cooked Lentils
*2 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme
*2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil
*1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley
*½ tsp. Red pepper flakes
*½ tsp. Paprika
*⅓ Cup of Ground Oats or Oat flour
*1 Medium Onion, chopped finely
*1 ½ Cups of Chopped Portobello Mushrooms
*Zest of 1 medium lemon
*2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
Simple Tomato sauce:
*1 Medium onion, chopped finely
*Handful of Fresh Basil
*1 Tsp. Red pepper flakes
*Tin of whole cherry tomatoes in tomato sauce
*3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
Base and Toppings:
*Gluten free spaghetti or gluten free pasta of your choice (Found at Dis-chem and most Health stores)
*Torn Fresh Basil
*Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°
2. In a medium sized saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté your onions and mushrooms with a generous heaped teaspoon of crushed garlic until soft and almost browning.
3. Place your garlic, onion and mushroom mixture and all the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined. (Drain the liquid from the tin of lentils before adding) The mixture should resemble a mince consistency and stick together when squeezed in your hand.
4. Spoon about ¼ cup size/smaller of mixture into your hand and roll into balls.
5. In a medium frying pan heat up a sprinkle of olive oil and fry your lentil balls for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6. Place your lentil balls on to an oven tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch
Putting it all together:
1. Toss your baked lentil balls into the sauce and mix into the sauce.
2. Cook your gluten free pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions.
3. Cover your pasta with the lentil balls and delicious tomato sauce, sprinkle some parmesan cheese and decorate with basil leaves.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy!
YOU COULD WIN!
Healthy Girl is giving away an amazing hamper that will include a set of three HG therabands, 30-minute consultation with Healthy Girl and HG Foods to the value of R1500!
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Look out for the Healthy Girl post on our Instagram page (Post will be posted anytime around the 21 May – 25 May)
2. Like and comment on the W&H X Healthy Girl Foods post: Tell us what you’re favourite Healthy Girl snack!
3. Follow Healthy Girl Foods & Healthy Girl on Instagram: Healthy Girl foods (click!) & Healthy Girl (click!)
4. Use the hashtag: #healthygirl & #healthygirlfoods
Disclaimer: Competition runs until 30 June 2021 | Ts&Cs apply | Location: SA
[Writer & Recipe Creator: Healthy Girl]