- 1tbsp oil
- 4tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 250g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1tsp Thai fish sauce
- juice 1 lime
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 400ml fish stock
- 4 salmon fillets
- 200g egg noodles
- fresh coriander, sliced spring onions, chopped red chilli, toasted peanuts and lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Cook the curry paste, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and peppers, and cook for a few more minutes. Add the fish sauce, lime juice, coconut milk and stock, bring to a simmer and add the salmon.
- Place a lid on the pan, and simmer very gently for about 10 minutes, until the fish is just cooked. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, drain and divide between 4 bowls.
- Remove the salmon from the soup and flake. Check the soup for seasoning, divide between the bowls and top with the fish, coriander, spring onions, chilli and peanuts. Serve with the lime wedges.