Don’t feel daunted by the long list of ingredients – this soup only takes about half an hour to prepare, and is super easy to make.
Chicken gets a great accompaniment from mushrooms, scallions and sugar snap peas, which give the soup crispy flavour. The citrus flavour of lime juice and zest goes well with chicken, completing this dish.
The recipe makes enough soup for six people, and the best thing is, you can prepare it in advance. Garnish with lime wedges and coriander. Looking for more cooking inspiration? Have a look at our other delicious soup recipes.
- 400ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 400ml unsweetened light coconut milk
- 700ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- 3tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1tbsp grated lime zest
- 680g chicken thighs, skinless and deboned, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 230g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions (or chives), thinly sliced, including some tender green tops
- 1tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 230g sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 360g frozen corn kernels
- Combine the coconut milks, broth, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice and zest in a large soup pot, heat to medium-low and add the chicken. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the flavours have melded.
- Stir in the mushrooms, scallions/chives, coriander, snap peas and corn. Bring the soup back to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes just until the snap peas are tender-crisp.
- At the table, add curry paste to taste and garnish with lime wedges and coriander.
Top Tip for making Thai Ginger-Chicken Soup: Only complete step 1 if you're preparing this soup in advance.