Our healthy meatballs with Asian noodle broth is a fresh and flavourful dish that is low in fat. We’ve served egg noodles with our healthy meatballs, but you could use rice noodles if you prefer.
- For The Meatballs:
- 500g turkey mince (or extra lean beef mince)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 6cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- For The Broth:
- 1 litre strong chicken stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer layer removed and finely chopped
- 4 lime leaves
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- A little oil, for frying
- 200g medium egg noodles
- 100g asparagus
- 100g mangetout
- For the meatballs, mix the mince, spring onions, half the coriander, ginger and chilli, and the egg. Season well, then form into 12 golf ball-sized meatballs. Leave them in the fridge while you prepare the broth.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan. Add the remaining ginger and chilli, as well as the lemongrass, lime leaves and soy. Turn the heat down to a simmer so the flavours can infuse. Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and brown the meatballs all over. Pop them into the broth to cook through, along with the remaining coriander, green veg, and noodles for about 10 mins then serve.