For a breakfast treat or a long, lazy weekend brunch you can’t beat sweetcorn fritters. Crisp and golden on the outside and sweet and soft on the inside, they tick all the flavour and texture boxes for a moreish start to the day.
We’ve topped ours with avocado for healthy fat and a few rounds of finely sliced chilli for a spicy kick, which will also help give your metabolism a boost first thing in the morning – keeping you feeling great all morning long until lunch. These lovely sweetcorn fritters reheat well so are perfect if you have guests. Simply make ahead and then gently warm in a pan when you’re ready to serve.
- 525g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 2 free-range eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- a little oil, for frying
- To Serve:
- 100g 0% Greek yogurt
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- fresh coriander and lime wedges
- Put half the sweetcorn in a blender with the eggs, flour and baking powder. Whizz to a purée, remove to a bowl and add the rest of the sweetcorn, the red onion and the coriander. Season well.
- To cook, heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook ladles of the mix in batches over a medium heat until lightly browned on both sides. Keep warm until they are all cooked. Top with the yogurt, avocado, chilli and coriander. Serve with a squeeze of lime.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.