ALSO TRY: Cauliflower And Lentil Curry Recipe
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 200g smoked lean bacon, chopped
- 300g red lentils
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- For The Croutons:
- 4 slices chunky bread, cut into small pieces
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp snipped fresh rosemary
- Heat the oil in a large pan then cook the onions until soft. Add the bacon and let it cook through. Add the lentils, tomatoes and 800ml water with plenty of seasoning. Bring to the boil then simmer until the lentils are tender, about 40 minutes. Whizz with a stick blender. Serve with the croutons.
- For the croutons, toss the bread in the oil and rosemary then bake in a hot oven until browned or cook in a frying pan.