- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 400g can coconut milk
- 2 medium cauliflowers, trimmed and cut into florets
- 250g cooked lentils
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- For The Paste:
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli
- 2 onions, peeled and very roughly chopped
- 1tbsp turmeric
- 1tbsp cumin
- 1tsp sea salt
- First make the paste. Put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz to a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan then gently fry the paste for a few minutes to cook out the spices. Add the coconut milk, stir well, bring to the boil and simmer.
- Meanwhile, steam or blanch the cauliflower florets until just tender, then add to the curry sauce. Simmer until just cooked and fully heated through, then add the lentils, lemon juice and coriander, and serve.
Top tip: This is great with a tomato and onion salad, and poppadoms, naan breads or wholegrain rice.