- 6 skin-on, bone-in free-range chicken thighs
- 300ml red wine
- ½ bunch each thyme, oregano and rosemary
- 8 bay leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2tbsp flour
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 x 400g cans plum tomatoes
- 200g fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 200g mixed olives
- Cover the chicken in the red wine and herbs, and add 1 sliced garlic clove. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hrs, or overnight if possible.
- Heat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4.
- Drain the chicken from the marinating liquid (reserving it for cooking). Dust the chicken in flour and season well. Add the oil to a large pan and fry the chicken, skin side down, for 5 mins until golden. Remove from the pan.
- Add the onion, anchovies and remaining garlic, and fry for 2 mins on a low heat until golden. Stir through all the tomatoes, the tomato paste, reserved marinade and olives. Add the chicken skin side up and bake, uncovered, for 1 hr, until the chicken skin is golden and the meat is cooked through. Serve with green beans.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.