If you’re after a super healthy dinner recipe that doesn’t compromise on flavour, give this delicious coconut lamb with cauliflower rice recipe a try and you’ll have a healthy meal that tastes and looks great that you know is really good for you.
While coconut milk and oil mean the meat is full of delicious flavour – it’s a winner all round.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 600g lamb, cubed
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 turnips, diced
- 800ml coconut milk
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways and sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- For The Rice:
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Melt the coconut oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the lamb and sear before adding the tomatoes, turnips and coconut milk to the pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cauliflower rice. Cut the core out of the cauliflower and discard. Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until it is a fine grain. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until al dente.
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the lamb and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, top with the coriander and serve over the cauliflower rice.
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.