Blueberry and banana pancakes are super delicious with our easy-to-make caramel sauce.
- For The Pancakes:
- 50g plain flour
- 1 free-range egg
- 200ml milk
- Butter, for frying
- For The Filling:
- 75g light muscovado sugar
- 75g butter
- Juice ½ lemon
- 100g blueberries
- 1 banana (preferably a little under-ripe), peeled and sliced thinly on the diagonal
- You Will Need:
- 1 small non-stick frying or crêpe pan
- First, make the pancakes. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack the egg into the well and gradually stir the flour into the egg, adding the milk in a thin stream as you go, until you have a smooth batter the same consistency as single cream. The batter will happily sit in the fridge for a couple of hours until you are ready to cook the pancakes.
- To cook, heat a non-stick frying pan and melt a small knob of butter (or use a small amount of avocado oil). When hot, pour a small amount of batter into the pan, and swirl to create a thin pancake. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side until golden and crisp around the edges. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you make the rest of the pancakes.
- In another pan, heat the sugar gently for a couple of minutes then add the butter, and continue to heat for a few more minutes until you have a smooth caramel sauce. Add the lemon juice and the blueberries, and cook for a couple more minutes, until the blueberries are beginning to collapse. Add the banana and coat well in the sauce.
- To serve, fill the pancakes with the bananas, then fold the edges over and drizzle with the blueberries and a generous helping of the warm caramel sauce.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.