Moist and delicious breakfast banana muffins, with pecans and jumbo oats.
- 225g plain flour
- 150g jumbo oats
- 100g pecans, roughly chopped
- 85g brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large free range egg
- 200ml semi skimmed milk
- 75ml vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 small overripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line a 12 cup muffin rack with 12 muffin cases.
- Combine the dry ingredients – flour, oats, pecans, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt in a bowl.
- Lightly beat the egg in a large bowl the stir through the milk, oil, cinnamon and mashed banana
- Fold the flour mix into the banana mixture until just combined. Then pour into the prepared paper cases. Bake in the oven for 16-18 mins until golden.
Top Tip for making Banana and Pecan Oat Muffins: Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture so you have equal sized muffins.