- 100g dairy free spread (Try Earth Products Ghee)
- 85g castor sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 25g dairy free cocoa powder
- 130ml dairy free milk (such as almond milk)
- To decorate:
- 100g dairy free chocolate
You will need: A 9-hole muffin tin lined with paper cases.
- Heat the oven to 180°C, gas 4. Place the spread, sugar and vanilla extract in a heavy-based saucepan and heat gently until melted. Mix until smooth, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix in the spread mixture, then stir in the milk in 2 additions. Spoon the mixture equally between the muffin cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- To decorate, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water and heat until melted. drizzle or pipe over the cooled muffins.