Try this warming, healthy porridge from Deliciously Ella.
- 60g rolled oats
- 100ml plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons almond butter shelled hemp seeds
- Place the oats in a saucepan and pour in 150ml of boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes; all the water should have been absorbed and they should be just about soft enough to eat.
- Pour in the milk, coconut oil (this adds flavour and texture), honey and ginger. Add half the almond butter.
- Cook for 5–10 minutes, until it’s nice and creamy and the oats are really soft.
- Serve, with the remaining almond butter and a sprinkling of hemp seeds on top.
- Recipe extracted from Deliciously Ella Every Day by Ella Woodward (Yellow Kite), R368. Photography Clare Winfield.
DISCLAIMER: Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website/newsletter as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.