Wondering if you can have dessert on the 2+1 diet? Yes, you can! Dessert is allowed, but stick to only two in a week.
2+1 diet dessert ideas
- 1 meringue nest with 40g fruit and 1Tbsp soya yoghurt
- 1 slice of our spiced banana bread
- A small pastry tart case (available at supermarkets) filled with strawberries set in jelly
- 1 chocolate cluster – a healthier version of a cornflake cake, made using low-sugar muesli and high-cocoa solid chocolate
- 1 plain soya yoghurt with berries
Here is a typical day’s eating with 2+1 diet swaps and tweaks
“It’s a diet for life”
Kathy Dyball, 44, wanted to lose 3kg to get in training for a charity fitness event. “You do really need to plan ahead with this diet, so I haven’t stuck rigidly to the plan, but I found it easy to reduce meat portion sizes and decrease my carb intake, while significantly increasing plant foods. I’m now getting a minimum of five a day for the first time in a long time. I feel much better and less bloated, so although I’ve only lost a kilogram, I see it as a positive start. In fact, it has impacted on the whole family – we now have a weekly organic veg delivery, and make a meal of the veg, with meat on the side!”
A freelance writer and editor, with 15 years’ experience in the media industry. With a passion for health and fitness, Tammy loves nothing more than researching the latest wellness trends. And if she’s not running around after her sweet four-year old daughter, you’ll find Tammy on her bike, in the gym or exploring the great outdoors – followed by a good coffee, of course!