Looking for a great breakfast (or brunch) recipe that will wow your guests? Try this Herb Dutch Baby from The Whippet in Melville Harvest Store.
- Preheat oven to 200C. When the oven is on temperature add a small skillet with 1tsp butter to the oven to pre-heat.
- Chop 2g each chives, thyme, and parsley. Set aside.
- In a blender, add 2 whole eggs. Whisk eggs until foamy. Add 62ml full fat milk and whisk until smooth. Gradually add 30g flour, continuously whisking to avoid lumps and until it is fully incorporated. Add a pinch of salt and the chopped fresh herbs. Stir to combine.
- Remove skillet from oven. The butter should be browned and bubbling. Pour batter into skillet then immediately transfer it back to the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes. It's done when the edges are browned and the Dutch baby has risen or 'puffed up' significantly.
- Make the Hollandaise sauce while the Dutch baby is in the oven: Add an inch of water to a medium sized saucepan, then place on the stove over a medium/high heat. When the water starts to bubble (don't let it boil), place a glass bowl with 2 egg yolks over the pan, making sure the base of the pan doesn't touch the water. Add the juice of 1/4 lemon to the egg yolks and whisk until they are slightly foamy. Continue whisking until the egg yolks have thickened slightly, then add 30g salted butter and keep whisking until the sauce has thickened and has doubled in volume.
- Once the Dutch baby comes out of the oven let it cool slightly, then top with crispy bacon and a soft poached egg. Drizzle with Hollandaise sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish with micro herbs.