Tonight’s episode of Dancing With The Stars was full of entertaining routines.
It saw the top 7 couples taking on everything from a fiery Paso Doble to a sensual Rumba, to keep their spot on the dance floor.
However, have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes of the glitzy show?
We spoke to head of wardrobe, Lynne Driver, about some of the crazy stats that make DWTSSA the glamorous spectacle that it is:
- The wardrobe team works with over 700 dresses
- They’ve used over 3 000 metres of fabric
- The show has gone through 100 pairs of shoes
- Over a million Swarovski crystals have been used
- The wardrobe team also makes all of the suits for the men
- The team works 7 days a week during a season of the show
“One of the things I love about DWTS is that everyone works together,” Lynne says.
“Our main goal is to make the show spectacular. I work with teams in music, props, lighting and graphics to ensure the costumes look brilliant on screen and fit into the puzzle.
“It’s terrific seeing how the fabric moves as the dancers cover the floor – when they hit the stage, magic happens.”
For more behind-the-scenes secrets from the show the show, get your April copy of woman&home, on-shelf now.