To enter, participants must fill out an online form:
1. Setting out their full name, phone number and email address; and
2. A short essay (maximum of 500 words) explaining why they deserve to win a wedding of their dreams.
There will be only one winner selected, and the competition will be hosted over several magazine titles, both digital and print, namely:
- Rooi Rose
Each participant must have a copy of the magazine, any of the above-mentioned magazine titles, “in hand” to qualify.
The competition starts on 1 October 2023, and ends on 15 December 2023. Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted nor considered.
The winner will be selected by a panel of judges based on the creativity, originality, and sincerity of their essay. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The winner will be notified by email and telephone call by January 2024. The winner must confirm, in writing, their acceptance of the prize within 14 days of notification or forfeit the prize.
The prize consists of a wedding package to the worth of R464 657,00 00 (Four Hundred and Sixty-Four Thousand Six Hundred and Fifty Seven Rand and Nil Cents), including venue, catering, photography, flowers, cake, dress, rings, and honeymoon. The prize is subject to availability and may vary depending on the preferences and budget of the winner.
The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or other goods and/or services.
The winner is responsible for any taxes, fees, and/or expenses not included in the prize.
Furthermore, the winner is responsible for obtaining any necessary travel documents, visas, insurance, or health requirements for themselves and their guests.
The winner agrees to participate in any publicity and/or promotional activities related to the competition and to allow the sponsor(s) to use their name, image(s), and/or essay for marketing purposes without further compensation.
The sponsor(s) reserves the right to modify, suspend and/or cancel the competition in the event fraud, technical failure(s), and/or any other circumstances beyond its control that affect the fairness or integrity of the competition.
Habari Media or its brands (Getaway, Rooi Rose, Women & Home and Bona) accept no responsibility for Sponsors who do not for full their contractual obligations.
By entering the competition, participants agree to abide by these terms and conditions, and to release the sponsor and its affiliates from any liability arising from or related to the competition or prize.
Employees, and immediate family members of said employees, of Highbury Media T/A Habari Media (Pty) Ltd are not eligible to enter this competition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This competition is open to South African residents only. Participants must be 18 (Eighteen) years or older at the time of entry.
- Our offering includes 3 (Three) Canapes per person and a 3-course meal – Total of 40 (Forty) pax to be catered.
- Gratuity on food is included based on the 3 (Three) Canapes per person and the 3-Course menu.
- Wedding to take place subject to availability between July – November 2024
- Venue is for the couple’s use from 08h00am morning of the wedding until midnight.
- Rhone Homestead venue includes the standard cutlery, crockery, glassware as well as tables and chairs for up to 40 (Forty) guests.
- Boschendal Wedding ordinary terms and conditions apply to the package.
Not included in the package of prize value:
- All beverages need to be supplied by Boschendal from our events list, this will need to be for the couple, or guests own account. No beverages are included in the prize.
- Gratuity of 10% (Ten Percent) will be applied to all beverages consumed.
- Should the couple wish to amend or add onto the menu, these additional menu costs as well as the additional 10% (Ten Percent) gratuity will be for the couple’s own account.
- No Accommodation is included in the package and is subject to availability and the couple’s own account.
- Boschendal will require a R10 000.00 (Ten Thousand Rand and Nil Cents) refundable breakage deposit to be paid by the couple when the winner is announced. This will be refunded to the couple post the wedding less any damages or breakages should any occur.
- Any additional costs that could affect the invoice need to be paid upfront by the couple in full, at least 21 (Twenty-One) days prior to arrival.
- The venue is inclusive until midnight, should they wish to extend until 02h00, then additional venue hire and overtime fee’s off staff will apply.
- Should they increase more than 40 (Forty) pax then additional costs will be for the couples account.
- The venue is a 40 (Forty) seater, should they increase pax then the maximum is 80 (Eighty) guests and a weather back up would be for their own account.
- Original 18K yellow gold ring, sizing is to the discretion of the winner, but the value of the rings exceeding the package offered by the sponsor will be for the winner’s own account.
3. Honeymoon by Jock Safari Lodge
- The voucher is not transferrable and cannot be converted to cash.
- Accommodation is subject to availability.
- Extra costs not mentioned are excluded, which include: SANParks conservation levy, transfers, discretional gratuities, premium alcoholic beverages, telephone, laundry, spa and curios are for the winner’s own account.V
- Valid until November 2024
4. Blanco Bridal Couture
- 1x Rental wedding dress for the bride (the winner of the competition)
- Selection of dresses that is available for winner will be provided once the winner visits Blanco to come and select her wedding dress.
- Dress sizes range from size 8-14
- Dress alterations needs to be done at Blanco Bridal Couture – 48 Vredehoek Ave, Cape Town
- Dress will be collected two days prior to the brides wedding and needs to be returned two days after the brides confirmed wedding date.
- Alterations will be done 4-6 weeks before bride’s wedding.
- Prize is valid until November 2024.
- Rental dress cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred to anyone else.
5. Zorgvliet Wine Estate
- Sponsors ordinary terms and conditions apply and is subject to availability.
- Valid until November 2024.
6. Weddings By Marius
- Marius will be working with winning couple to coordinate and liaise with vendors, find additional suppliers if necessary and overseeing the execution of wedding plans leading up to the day.
7. Summerheart Photography
- Subject to availability valid until November 2024
8. Classic Rides
- Valid until 2024
- Please note the 2 cars that are for the prize are the 1956 Rover and the 1938 MG Tickford.
9. Invites and Place Settings
- Cards by Nadia Valid until November 2024
10. Amy Cottles Events
- Bouquet, Corsage and buttonholes for wedding party. Valid until November 2024
Feature Image: Summerheart Photography