Make your dinner work double time with this delicious lentil dhal with baby marrows recipe. This dish is deliciously comforting while also giving your immune system a big, warm hug.
- 250 g brown lentils
- 1l vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cm ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1–2 green chillies, thinly sliced 60 g tomato puree
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 160 ml coconut cream
- 3 baby marrows, sliced
- Coriander, chopped, to serve
- Plain yoghurt (optional), to serve
1. Add the lentils and stock to a pan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium- high heat, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until golden. Add the garlic, ginger and chillies. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the onion mix, tomato puree and salt to the lentils. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the garam masala and coconut cream to the lentils. Cook for 10 minutes. 5 Heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the baby marrows for 10 minutes until tender.
6. To serve, top the dhal with baby marrows, coriander and yoghurt.