Finally a delicious (and when I say delicious…I mean DELICIOUS) Gluten-free health loaf for all of you Healthy Girls to make at home. This tasty loaf can be sliced and toasted. Amazing with hummus, smashed avo, eggs of your choice or enjoyed as is.
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- 1 cup Pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup Almond Butter
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp Psyllium Husk
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup Olive oil (or melted Coconut oil if you prefer*)
- ¼ cup Coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried Oregano, Parsley and Rosemary (the most amazing herby combination put together by my lovely new intern, Natasha!)
*NOTE: If olive oil is used, you will only need 1 cup of water as per instructions above. HOWEVER, if you opt for coconut oil instead – you will need to use 1 ½ cups water. We have tried both options and found that the coconut oil needed more water.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Mix all the ingredients together using a blender or food processor (you don’t have to do this, it just helps with chopping up the pumpkin seeds).
3. The consistency should resemble damp sea sand… This sounds a bit strange but there is no other way to describe it. Haha!
3. Transfer the mixture into the lined tin, smooth the surface with a spatula and bake for 30 mins.
4. Cool completely before slicing.
Makes: 1 small loaf
ALSO SEE VANILLA ROOIBOS LATTE RECIPE
YOU COULD WIN!
Healthy Girl is giving away an amazing hamper that will include a set of three HG therabands, 30-minute consultation with Healthy Girl and HG Foods to the value of R1500!
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Look out for the Healthy Girl post on our Instagram page (Post will be posted anytime around the 21 May – 25 May)
2. Like and comment on the W&H X Healthy Girl Foods post: Tell us what you’re favourite Healthy Girl snack!
3. Follow Healthy Girl Foods & Healthy Girl on Instagram: Healthy Girl foods & Healthy Girl
4. Use the hashtag: #healthygirl & #healthygirlfoods
Disclaimer: Competition runs until 30 June 2021 | Ts&Cs apply | Location: SA
[Writer & Recipe Creator: Healthy Girl]