A rooibos latte is a great caffeine-free alternative to your usual cuppa. When you’re trying to keep your coffee intake to before 2pm for better sleep, reach for this recipe. This sweet take on the regular rooibos latte is a perfect treat for colder weather and snuggling up.
- 1 vanilla rooibos tea bag (or 1 rooibos tea bag + tsp vanilla essence)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
1. Place the tea bag and water in a mug. Leave to steep for at least 3 minutes, but 5 minutes is best.
2. Place all the other ingredients in a pot. Bring to the boil, then simmer for at least 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat. Whisk to fully combine the ingredients and make the milky mixture frothy.
4. Add the milky mixture to the tea and let cool before sipping your perfect vanilla rooibos latte!