- 4 eggs, separated
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 500 g mascarpone (at room temp)
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1⁄2 cup Marsala wine
- 12 finger biscuits
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 350 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup crushed amaretti biscuits, to serve
1. Whip egg yolks and 5 tbsp of sugar until thick. Gradually add mascarpone and mix until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with the remaining sugar until soft-peak stage. Fold into mascarpone mixture.
3. Mix the coffee and Marsala together. Dip in the biscuits, then set aside.
4. Place a spoonful of the mascarpone mixture in each serving glass, followed by a layer of biscuits. Continue until there are three layers, finishing with the mascarpone mixture on top. Place in the fridge.
5. For the ganache, heat the cream with vanilla essence and salt in a saucepan. Add the chocolate and let it melt. Whisk until smooth and allow to cool slightly.
6. Spoon on top of each tiramisu and set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
ALSO SEE PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE