Enjoy a bun-free veggie burger with this dietitian-approved recipe for a healthier dinner option this week.
- 350g butternut cubes
- 350g sweet potato cubes
- 150g lentils, cooked
- 2ml ground cinnamon
- 2ml ground nutmeg
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 whole iceberg lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add butternut, sweet potato and oil in a roasting tray. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until soft. Leave butternut and sweet potato to cool.
- Mix lentils, veg and half the almonds in a bowl. Mash the mixture together until even. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Split the mixture into 6 evenly sized balls. Shape into burger patties and coat in the remaining almonds.
- Drizzle oil into a non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Fry the patties for 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- Put your burger patty on the middle of a whole iceberg leaf. Wrap your burger up in a lettuce leaf and serve.
- Add favourite burger toppings like guacamole, salsa and fresh sprouts.
Source and image: Vanessa Marx for the Association for Dietetics in South Africa.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.