This LA vegan burger recipe is fast and fabulous! If you have time, make up the patties in advance, cover, and chill until needed.
For more quick and tasty recipes that are the perfect remedy for hectic weekdays when you want something delicious on the table in no time, go to page 115 of the February 2020 issue of woman&home.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp nigella seeds
- 2 sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork
- 200g raw beetroot, grated
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 250g cooked mixed grains (we love Merchant Gourmet)
- 8tbsp uncooked quinoa
- 6 poppy seed buns
- 4tbsp vegan mayonnaise (we like Granovita Mayola Egg & Dairy Free)
- 70g bag rocket
- 2 avocados, mashed with juice 1 lime
- 75g semi-dried tomatoes
- 4tsp fried onion
- Heat half the oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the nigella seeds and cook until golden.
- Microwave the potato for 6-8mins until soft. Scoop out the inside into a food processor and whizz until smooth. Add the beetroot, breadcrumbs, grains and onion; pulse until combined, but coarse.
- Divide into 6 burgers. Coat each in quinoa and brush with the remaining oil. Fry for a few mins, until golden. Serve in buns with vegan mayo, rocket, avocado, tomatoes and onion.