- 100g flour
- 1 free-range egg
- 250ml milk
- 80g butter
- 1 pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 2 mangoes, sliced (Use tinned if you can't find fresh)
- 4tbsp toasted coconut slices
- 300ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 4tbsp maple syrup
- 2 limes or lemons, cut into wedges
- Sift the flour in a large bowl. Whisk the egg with the milk. Pour into the flour, constantly whisking to form a smooth batter.
- Heat 40g of the butter in a small pan (reserve the rest for the pineapple) and stir through the pancake batter. Fry small ladlefuls of the mixture in a pan for 1-2 mins each side until golden in colour. Remove and keep warm covered with a clean tea towel.
- Toss the pineapple in the icing sugar and pan-fry in the remaining butter for 1 min each side or until caramelised.
- To serve, top the warm pancakes with pineapple, mango, coconut and whipped cream. Drizzle over the syrup and a squeeze of lime or lemon.