- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and bashed
- 4 to 5 basil stalks, leaves removed
- 400g spaghetti
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- 100g Peppadew mild peppers
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Place the olive oil, garlic cloves and basil stalks into a small saucepan and warm through gently until the oil is just beginning to shimmer. Switch off the heat and leave the oil to infuse for between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on how strong a flavour you want. Do not allow the oil to get so hot that it smokes – this will taint the flavour. Once the oil has infused, remove the garlic and basil stalks.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Meanwhile, add the tomatoes and Peppadews to the oil and heat through gently. When the pasta is cooked, drain, place back in the pan and tip in the oil and vegetables. Coat the pasta in the oil, season well and divide between 4 bowls, then top with basil leaves and serve immediately.
Top Tip: Cooking pasta al dente is not only tastier, it means it keeps longer without going soggy, so your leftovers can be eaten the next day. Cooking spaghetti al dente should take no longer than 9-10 minutes.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.