This recipe takes a cheese and tomato sandwich to new heights!
- 250g red and yellow cherry tomatoes, some halved
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 slices thick granary bread
- 100g mozzarella, torn into small chunks
- 2tbsp pesto
- Small handful basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with the oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast for 15 minutes until soft and beginning to break down.
- Heat the grill to medium/high. Toast the granary bread until golden on both sides. Spoon over the cherry tomatoes and scatter with the mozzarella. Return to the grill until just melted. To serve, drizzle with the pesto and scatter over the basil leaves.