Tomato and Chorizo Pasta SaladPrint This
- 300g pennette pasta (or other small pasta shapes)
- ½tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 190g chorizo, sliced
- 300g mixed tomatoes, sliced
- juice of ½ lemon
- large handful rocket
- large handful basil leaves, torn
- small handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain, toss in the extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
- Heat the light olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the onion for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add the chorizo and cook for 3 minutes turn up the heat slightly to brown. Toss with the pasta, tomatoes, lemon juice and some seasoning, allow to cool slightly, then stir though the rocket and herbs. You can serve it at room temperature or cold add the rocket and herbs just before serving.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com