This is an easy paella recipe to prepare and full of delicious flavours. The combination of chicken, chorizo and squid is so tasty.
- Oil for frying
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 red peppers
- 500g chicken, chopped into chunks
- 150g squid, chopped up
- 250ml white wine
- 400g paella rice
- Pinch saffron
- 700ml chicken stock
- 200g cooked chorizo, thickly sliced then chopped
- 150g frozen peas
- 150g raw large prawns
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan or paella pan and fry the onions with a pinch of salt until they are soft. Add the garlic and paprika, cook for a minute, then add the tomatoes, peppers, chicken, squid, white wine and rice. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the saffron and stock. Season, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, without stirring.
- Add the chorizo and peas, then cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Add the prawns towards the end of cooking.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.