Peaches, plums and nectarines are amazingly healthy fruits to have at hand in summer. They’re the perfect pick me up, incredibly versatile and as gorgeous to look at as they are refreshing and delicious.
With Christmas fast approaching, not only can these fruits be used to create organic and beautiful table décor, but also, of course, when added to dishes, they add just the perfect amount of sweetness and tartness.
Recipe taken from Beautiful Country Beautiful Fruit
- 3 Flavor King Plums
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. soft goats’ cheese
- 1 tbsp. natural yoghurt
- 2 slices of brioche, lightly toasted
- Honey to drizzle
- Fresh pea shoots or rocket
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 200C fan.
- Half and de-stone the Flavor King plums and lay skin side down onto a baking tray.
- Scatter over the orange zest and add a sprinkle of brown sugar into the middle of each plum.
- Scatter with fresh thyme and add a splash of water to the pan to stop the bottoms burning.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until soft and lightly golden.
- In a bowl, combine the goats’ cheese and natural yoghurt and beat until smooth.
- Spread generously over the toasted brioche and top with the baked plums, adding three halves per piece of brioche.
- Drizzle honey over the toasts and top with fresh pea shoots or rocket. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.