Tiramisu cheesecakePrint This
- For the base
- 300g chocolate chip digestives, crushed
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- For the cheesecake filling
- 250g mascarpone
- 100gPhiladelphia cream cheese
- 200ml double cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 100g unrefined caster sugar
- 2tbsp Kahlúa or Tia Maria
- 4 level tsp powdered gelatine
- 50gdark chocolate, melted
- 1tsp coffee granules
- 1tbsp Camp coffee essence or espresso coffee
- You will need
- 23cm springform tin, lightly oiled
- Mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press into the tin and chill.
- Place the mascarpone, cream cheese, double cream, egg yolks, sugar and 1tbsp Kahlúa in a large mixing bowl and whisk with an electric hand beater until you have achieved a smooth consistency.
- Place 4tbsp cold water in a small bowl, sprinkle over the gelatine and leave until spongy, then heat it gently over a pan of simmering water until dissolved and clear. Leave to cool slightly, then whisk into the cheesecake mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the cheesecake mixture. Spoon onto the base and chill while you melt the chocolate and coffee granules together. Use a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesnt touch the water, then stir in the coffee essence and remaining Kahlúa
- Pour over the top of the cheesecake and use the blade of a knife to create a swirl effect. Cover with clingfilm and leave overnight in the fridge to set.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com