This Thai cucumber salad is cool, crisp, sharp, hot and crunchy. Dress just before serving so that everything stays crisp. Great with grilled fish.
- 2 cucumber, peeled
- 4 spring onions or small shallots, thinly sliced
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, roughly chopped
- 25g cashew nuts or peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- For The Dressing:
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Halve the cucumber length-ways, scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Slice diagonally into 1cm slices. Place in a serving bowl with the onions, bean-sprouts, coriander, mint and cashew nuts.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk together until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over the cucumber, mix well and scatter with sesame seeds.
This article originated on: womanandhome.com
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.