This delicious, creamy sweet potato soup makes great lunch meal!
*2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 onion, peeled and chopped
* 2 celery stalks, chopped
* 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
* 2 cups vegetable stock
* 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
* 150g dried butter beans, soaked overnight
* Salt and cracked black pepper 100 ml sour cream
1. Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the celery, carrots and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add the stock, sweet potatoes and beans, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 50 minutes, until the beans are soft. Season.
3. Blend the soup until smooth. Stir in 80 ml sour cream. To serve, garnish with the remaining cream and season.
Serves 4 | Preparation: 20mins | Cooking time: 50min
ALSO SEE PECAN PIE RECIPE
[Image by Monika Grabkowska via Unsplash}