Pecan pie anyone? Try out this delicious, easy-to-make, classic homemade pecan pie recipe!
*75g cold butter, cut into small cubes, plus extra to grease
*1 cup flour, sifted
*¼ tsp salt
*½ tbsp caster sugar
*1 egg yolk
*2 tsp ice water
*1 tsp lemon juice
*3 eggs, beaten
*1 cup brown sugar
*⅓ cup golden syrup
*¼ cup melted butter
*1 tsp vanilla essence
*¾ cup pecans
*Icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 180° and grease a 23 cm tart tin.
2. Mix the flour and salt. Use your fingertips to rub in the butter until the mixture is crumbly, then add the caster sugar.
3. Mix together the egg yolk, water and lemon juice, then combine with the dry ingredients. Work the dough very briefly and lightly, just until it becomes smooth. Shape into a disc, wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for an hour.
4. Roll out the pastry into a circle slightly bigger than the tart tin. Line the tin with pastry, then cover with a circle of baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Blind-bake for 12 minutes.
1. Beat the eggs, sugar, syrup, butter and vanilla essence until foamy.
2. Place the pecans in the pastry case, then pour over the egg mixture.
3. Bake the pie for 40 minutes, until the centre is almost set. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Makes: 1 pie | Prep: 15 mins | Cooking time: 1H50M
[Image by Levi Guzman via Unsplash]