Our new twist on a quiche, this summer greens tart makes the most of summer vegetables – a perfect veggie lunch or supper.
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 6 large free-range egg yolks
- 300g soft goats' cheese
- 200ml double cream
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 200g broad beans, podded
- 200g asparagus tips, trimmed
- 150g peas
- 1tbsp Parmesan (or vegetarian equivalent), finely grated
- You Will Need:
- A 26cm round fluted tart tin, and baking beans
- Heat the oven to 190C, gas 5. For the base, roll the pastry out to the thickness of a R5 coin and line the tart tin, then line with foil and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 20 minutes then remove the baking beans and foil, and bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks, 200g of the cheese, the cream and nutmeg until smooth, season then set aside
- Turn down the oven temperature to 150C, gas 2. Pour the egg filling into the tart case and arrange the broad beans, asparagus and peas in it. Top with pieces of the remaining goats’ cheese, and the Parmesan. Bake for 40 minutes, until the filling is set and slightly golden. Serve immediately, or allow to cool to room temperature. Serve with a green salad.