Now this summer bread salad recipe is a good way of using up bread that’s a little stale! Sourdough does have more flavour than most breads.
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g sourdough bread, torn into small pieces
- 250g broad beans, podded and shelled
- 400g ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 8 radishes, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Small handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Mix the oil with the red wine vinegar, garlic and plenty of seasoning, move to a bowl with the bread chunks and toss to coat. Leave to soak for an hour; the bread should be moist but not soggy.
- When ready to serve, add the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, red pepper and herbs to the bread and toss well.