- 300 to 350g sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 125g dried medium egg noodles
- 75g baby corn, sliced lengthways
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 50g mangetout
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced lengthways
- soy sauce, to taste
- For The Marinade:
- 2tbsp each dry sherry, soy sauce, fish sauce and 1tbsp sugar
- Mix together the marinade ingredients, stir in the beef, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. You can leave it overnight.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for about 4 minutes or according to packet instructions, then refresh under cold water. You could toss them in a little sesame or groundnut oil here to prevent sticking.
- Preheat a non-stick wok until really hot. Brown the beef, retaining the marinade for use later, before adding the vegetables. You may have to do this in two batches. Stir-fry for a few minutes, then add the marinade for the final minute.
- Add the noodles and mix all the ingredients together. Pour over a little soy sauce to taste and serve immediately
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.