- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium brown or white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups ripe diced tomatoes, or 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato paste
- 1tsp chili powder (mild)
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (or more to taste– spicy!)
- Pinch of sugar (optional, to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 eggs
- 1/2tbsp fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a pan, fry onion and peppers until soft. Add the garlic then the spices and fry until aromatic.
- Pour in tomatoes, crush any big pieces, bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste and add additional spices to taste and sugar if needed, add eggs, season and cover on a low heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with parsley or coriander with fresh or toasted bread.
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.