Packed with greens, crunchy nuts and sprouts, Sarah Graham‘s veggie Asian bounty bowl is full of flavour and won’t disappoint.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 500g mixed brown mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 heads baby pak choy, sliced lengthways
- Handful fresh sprouts
- Handful cashews or peanuts, roasted and salted
- 1tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1tbsp each of chopped fresh mint and coriander
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 200g rice noodles or buckwheat (soba) noodles
- For The Dressing:
- 3tbsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3tsp fish sauce
- 1-2tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2tsp grated fresh ginger
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2tbsp hot water
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and adjust to taste.
- Heat a good quality heavy-based pan on the stove and add the olive oil. Test that it's hot enough by dipping the corner of a mushroom into the oil, it should sizzle immediately. Cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden, then add in the pak choy and the crushed garlic for the last minute of cooking. Remove, and set aside to rest.
- While the mushrooms cook, bring water to the boil for the rice or buckwheat noodles and cook according to packet instructions.
- Prepare the dressing, adjust to taste and set aside.
- Add the noodles to warmed bowls, top with the mushrooms and pak choy and remaining ingredients, then add a generous drizzle of the dressing.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.