- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small pumpkin or medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1,5 litres hot vegetable stock small of handful of sage
- 175ml double-thick cream
- For the crisps
- 125g Parmesan, grated
- Heat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan. Toss the sweet potato and pumpkin in 1tbsp olive oil and some seasoning, and roast on two large baking trays for 30 minutes, until tender.
- Heat 1tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and garlic, and sweat for 5 minutes over a gentle heat, until soft but not coloured. Add the roasted vegetables and hot stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- For the crisps, make six circles of Parmesan on a lined baking tray and bake for 5 to 6 minutes until melted, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small sauté pan and fry the sage for 1 minute on each side until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel. Purée the soup with a stick blender until smooth, stir in 100ml cream, and serve in warmed bowls topped with a swirl of cream and a sage leaf, and Parmesan crisps on the side.