- 6 red peppers
- Around 6tbsp olive oil
- 750g potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180 °C fan. Place the peppers on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2tbsp of the olive oil.
- Roast the peppers for 25 minutes, turning occasionally. When the edges have blackened, place them in a bowl and cover with clingfilm. Allow to cool before removing the skin, stalk and seeds, then cut the peppers into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for around 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, allow to cool slightly, then slice to about the thickness of a pound coin.
- Add 3tbsp of oil to a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the onions over a gentle heat until softened but not browned, then remove.
- Add a dash of olive oil to the frying pan, then place half the sliced potatoes into the pan to make a single layer and season.
- Add the onions to make a second layer, then the red peppers for the third layer. Finally, add the remaining sliced potatoes and season again.
- Mix the eggs together in a bowl and season. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and red peppers, covering all the ingredients.
- Place the frying pan over a low heat and cook for around 20 minutes. Finish cooking the top of the tortilla by placing it under the grill. To check it’s cooked through, just push the top slightly – if uncooked egg comes to the surface, either place the pan in the oven to cook through or put it back on to a low heat.
- Let the tortilla cool in the pan, invert on to a plate, then invert again back on to your serving dish, so you get the crunchy potato topping on the top. Cut into 8 portions with a sharp knife. The tortilla should be served at room temperature.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com