If you fancy a healthy lunchtime treat then look no further than this roasted beetroot and quinoa salad. The strong beetroot taste blends perfectly with the dry nutty crunch, making this salad mouth-watering and unforgettable.
- About 500g beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 250g pouch easy-cook quinoa
- 2tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2tbsp sunflower seeds
- 70g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 120g frozen podded edamame beans
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. In a large roasting tray, toss together the beetroot with 2tbsp of the olive oil and season to taste. Roast for 30-35 minute or until tender, tossing halfway through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cook the quinoa according to the pack instructions and set aside to cool.
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the seeds and nuts with a large pinch of salt until the nuts are starting to brown and the seeds begin to pop. Set aside.
- Put the edamame beans in a large bowl, cover with boiling water for 5 minutes then drain.
- Toss together the cooked beetroot, quinoa, nuts and seeds, and edamame beans. Stir through the lemon juice and some seasoning, drizzle over the pomegranate molasses and serve.