This curried quinoa with apple and spinach recipe is easy to throw together and very filling. It’s a great healthy lunch option.
- 1tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp curry powder
- 250g quinoa
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 75g raisins
- 75g spinach
- ½ a small bunch coriander
- 2 small Braeburn apples, cored and sliced
- 2tbsp chopped almonds
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and curry powder and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
- Pour over the quinoa, stock and raisins and stir to combine. Cover with a lid, reduce to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the heat, stir through the spinach, coriander and apple. Scatter with the almonds to serve.