- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- Olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups grated raw beetroot, loosely packed
- 100 g feta or goat’s cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp each roughly chopped fresh mint and basil
- Handful of sprouts for extra goodness
- Horseradish and Dill Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2–3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of salt
- A little healthy natural sweetener
- Cook the quinoa in 2 cups of lightly salted and gently simmering water with the lid off. Once the grains are cooked through and the water has been absorbed, fluff it gently with a fork and add a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir through the peas, they will warm through from the residual heat. Set aside.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients, adjust to taste if necessary, and set aside until serving.
- Transfer the quinoa to a serving platter, scatter over the beetroot, feta, avo, seeds and fresh herbs (and sprouts if using). Serve immediately with an extra drizzle of olive oil and the dressing on the side.
Intern Digital editor at woman&home magazine. … Experienced digital editor with a demonstrated history of working in the media production industry.