- 5 eggs, separated
- 200g castor sugar
- 1½tsp vanilla extract
- 700ml double-thick cream
- for the plums
- 15 plums, halved and stoned
- 25g butter, cut into small cubes
- 1½tsp cinnamon
- generous drizzle honey
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- you will need
- 1,5-litre loaf tin, lined with clingwrap
To make the ice cream
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla until pale and thick.
- In another bowl, mix the cream until soft peaks form.
- In a third bowl, whisk the egg whites until very stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg yolks, then the egg whites into that mixture.
- Pour into the prepared container and freeze overnight.
For the plums
- heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan. Place the plums
- In a medium-sized ovenproof dish
- With a cube of butter in each half, sprinkle on the cinnamon, drizzle over the honey and add the vanilla pod.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Once cool, serve with the ice cream.
Animal lover, digital creative, realistically optimistic and more passionate about my place in the world than ever before.