Davina McCall’s poached eggs with avocado on toast makes for a speedy, healthy plant-based breakfast.
This recipe originally appeared on womanandhome.com.
- 1-2 very fresh eggs per person
- 2 slices wholemeal seeded bread
- butter, for spreading
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, then turn the heat down slightly until the water is simmering. Break an egg into a small cup.
- Swirl a spoon around in the water to make a whirlpool – really get the water going – then drop the egg in. Cook the egg for about 2½ minutes, until the white is set and the yolk is still runny, then remove the egg with a slotted spoon so the water drains away from it. Repeat with as many eggs as you want to cook.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and spread with butter. Remove the stone from the avocado and mash the flesh with the lime juice and seasoning. Spread the mashed avocado on to the toast and top with poached eggs when they’re ready.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.